Lining up my lipsticks definitely signalled that I don’t do neutrals very well. I bought a pale pink lippy once, wore it for about 10 secs, felt like a 90s porn star and took it right off ( it just wasn’t the look I was channeling, you know). The bolder the better I say – if I was a 90s porn star this would probably be my motto too!
I’ve always worn bright lipsticks and get kind of shocked when people ask me where I get the courage, or tell me its not work appropriate. I mean seriously, HUH??
I urge you all, if you don’t already, wear a bright shade to work tomorrow. If you get fired, oops, if you get promoted or lots of lovely comments, email me and say thanks! I’d love to hear your thoughts or experiences.
So from left to right here is what I use weekly and my notes on why you should buy, cause you know, I’m pretty good at spending your money for you. Feel free to email me if you need this actually done, I’ll fill your wardrobe and make you laugh at my awkwardness all at the same time! It’s truly a skill.
Illamasqua Intense Gloss in Shoot and Touch
– Shoot – the green- smells like Toffee Apples, comes off as a thick, amazing green. a bit gloopy but great layered over colours like pink (goes grey) and oxblood ( goes an even deeper red/black) and Touch is super sparkly and weirdly sophisticated and superb for showing your authority at work.
Limecrime Velvetines in Red, Pink & Wicked
– I curse these on the daily, yet I still buy more. They are drying, they do stain, but goddamnit the colours are beautiful, I find layering them onto something a bit more hydrating in the same colour spectrum tends to help, a little. Perfect for work, cause even after 5 coffees it’s still on, which is good cause after 5 coffees your hands are probably shaking so much you can’t reapply.
Australis Velourlips in Tok-I-O
– I was so excited about this colour, it’s space alien chic (you know the kind of space alien who doesn’t even realise how cool she is, and probably hates the green sheen on her skin but you envy it so goddamn hard) but also has the consistency of clag glue. eww.
Illamasqua Lipsticks in ESP & Eurydice
– beautiful, highly pigmented and in a super sturdy case that rattles around your desk drawer and still doesn’t breaks. Buy cause COLOUR.
Sportsgirl Pout About It in Dark Angel, Night Owl and Berrylicios
– I will continually rave about these, soft, highly pigmented, super moisturising, long-lasting with very little stain. For approximately $8 you should stop what you are doing right now and go buy. NOW, DO IT. You should have 3 rolling around in your handbags permanently.
Rimmel X Kate Moss Lipstick in Kiss of Life and Shade 20
– hate Kate Moss, love these. It’s a daily struggle.
So heres to bold lippy. For any occasion. Do it. It will change everything.